Pauline McCrory – July 2020
Of all the consequences from the Coronavirus Pandemic, we did not expect to see environmental impacts such as China’s CO2 emission reduced by 25% within a few weeks of lock-down, clear water being seen in the canals of Venice and wild animals roaming various cities and lakes.
And for the first time since the 19th Century industrial revolution, on the 8th June 2020, the UK reached 2 months in a row without using electricity produced from coal fired power stations. This massive milestone shows us that it is possible to work towards a cleaner future.
We believe this can be achieved using the ‘Circular Economy’ principle to its fullest. Anaerobic Digestion (AD) presents possibility within a variety of markets; renewable electricity, sustainable vehicle fuel, sustainable CO2, and natural fertiliser.
How could an AD Circular Economy benefit your company you ask?
- Make savings in your waste management by avoiding unnecessary black bin/landfill waste
- Help your company/organisation reach its Sustainability targets
- You may be able to become one of our ‘Smart Loop’ customers depending on your business type
What’s a ‘Smart Loop’ Customer?
Some of our customers form part of our Circular Economy model. This can be done in a variety of ways, for example:
- A customer sends us their food waste resource, we turn this into fuel and transport it to power their generators and food manufacturing process. The circle then begins again – nothing goes to ‘waste’
- Another customer refuels their bin lorry with our sustainable fuel on site after delivering a load of waste – another sustainable loop is created.
This is a strong circular economy model and is extremely robust for any company involved. Establishing these circular economy loops can protect against future diversity, as you improve your resilience: avoiding unnecessary landfill costs, having a cost-effective energy supply in place, combatting rising fuel prices and staying a step ahead of future environmental legislation.
We want to be there as a part of your recovery story and, even better, to be there as part of your success story. Contact us today to join the Green Recovery.